Question

Zapier Gmail Issue: Triggering on Replies Within Thread

• 20 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I'm working to create something like an AI chatbot integrated with Gmail and ChatGPT automated through Zapier.

However, the issue is that my Zap only triggers when a new message begins and doesn't process any replies received within the thread, despite setting the trigger to "New Email" and the mailbox to "Inbox." It seems that Zapier's Gmail app isn't pulling in replies received  on the thread. I'd like it to be triggered by all emails received, including replies

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EminenceX 

For us to have true context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Here is the screenshot of the zap and subzap. I tested it, and it worked well for the initial mail received, but it doesn't get triggered for the replies received under each thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EminenceX 

Help articles for using Gmail in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/gmail/help

Screenshot doesn’t show how the Zap trigger step is configured.

Perhaps try using a different trigger.

Thank you Troy. but, providing search parameters might not work because I don't know anything related to the incoming mail,       

I choose 'New Email' for the event and 'Inbox' as the mailbox for the trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EminenceX 

Perhaps replies are for an email that has since been Labeled and thus moved to a Gmail Folder, so those would not be in the Inbox Folder.