Skip to main content
Question

Zapier Field Search not working

• 27 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I am working in an Asana project with a number of custom fields, some of which have a number of values to be chosen from a dropdown.

Unfortunately, this means that if I search for “name”, MANY different fields show up, (including ones that do not include what I have searched) which can make it hard to find the exact data I am looking for without scrolling through the entire list.

In this case, I want to get the Task Name, which I found by scrolling, but interestingly. To save time so I don’t have to scroll through every field every time, when I search I want to specifically search for “Task Name”.

When I do though, I fail to return any results. I cannot see why - from searching “name” only, it is clear that I can search within field names, and you can clearly see that the field “Task Name” exists but for some reason Zapier cannot seem to find it.

Am I doing something wrong?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @WAZEN! 🙂

Thanks for flagging this issue. No, you’re definitely not doing anything wrong at all! I did some checking and was able to replicate this issue in my own Zaps as well. I can see that you’ve already reached out to our Support team about this and they’ve identified that you’re running into a bug.

We can’t give any sort of timeline as to when you can expect this to be resolved. But your email will have been added to the bug report’s notification list so we can send you an email notification as soon as it’s fixed. For now, you’ll need to continue to scrolling through the long list of fields to locate the desired task name, very sorry about that. I do hope this is fixed soon - I don’t want to have to scroll either! 🤞

Please do let us know if there’s anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @WAZEN! 🙂

Thanks for flagging this issue. No, you’re definitely not doing anything wrong at all! I did some checking and was able to replicate this issue in my own Zaps as well. I can see that you’ve already reached out to our Support team about this and they’ve identified that you’re running into a bug.

We can’t give any sort of timeline as to when you can expect this to be resolved. But your email will have been added to the bug report’s notification list so we can send you an email notification as soon as it’s fixed. For now, you’ll need to continue to scrolling through the long list of fields to locate the desired task name, very sorry about that. I do hope this is fixed soon - I don’t want to have to scroll either! 🤞

Please do let us know if there’s anything else we can assist with in the meantime.