Question

Zapier error "The imported event has a conversion_date_time that precedes the click..."

• 29 February 2024
  • 5 replies

hey everybody,

i have taken a look at other posting to this topic, but i have not found the answer. I have offline conversions setup on Google Ads from Hubspot via zapier, but i keep on getting the following error for every conversion action:

The imported event has a conversion_date_time that precedes the click. Make sure your conversion_date_time is correct and try again., at conversions[0].conversion_date_time

I have already put in the correct time zone in zapier, but the error keeps on happening.

Anyone has an idea how to find a solution?

thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @philiip99 

For us to have full context, post screenshots without the steps are outlined and configured along with the encountered error.

hey Troy, hope that helps and gives context, these are the errors and the way we have set it up. I just saw that the time in Data in actually dates back to 10-2021. That is very weird, how is that possible? In the zap we have the timestamp mapped to hubspots contact information create date. Happy for some help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@philiip99

There’s a chance the HubSpot Contact was created before you had the GAds Campaigns running.

Try using a current timestamp when the Zap Runs: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/insert-the-time-your-zap-runs-into-a-field

hey @Troy Tessalone thank you! I changed the timestamp to {{zap_meta_human_now}}, but it seems like now there aren´t any conversions recorded in Google Ads. Weirdly enough for the zaps, where i changed the timestamp but also for one conversion action, where i did not change respective zap. Timewise it must more or less be the same time, when it stopped working and when i changed the zaps. Although it shouldn´t have anything to do with each other it looks odd to me. The disagnostics tab in Google Ads shows me the following alerts:

My guess is, that the one with “Conversion action not found” is responsible for the missing conversions. I didn´t change anything other than the zaps though. Do you have any idea, what i can do now? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@philiip99 

For us to have context, post screenshots with how this steps are now outlined and configured.

Check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/