Question

Zapier Email Parser Slow: 30-Minute Loading Time Issue

• 23 February 2024
  • 10 replies

We received an email to the parser and our emails at 10:55am and zapier’s email parser didn’t handle it for 25 minutes. The nature of this email parse is that it has to be near-instantaneous for our system.

is this expected behavior, was this a bug, or what?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hauger 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with the timestamps of when the mailbox received the email and when the Zap run happened.

Attached 1) the email that came through at 10:55am and 2) the zapier email parser that received it at 11:20am (it says 10:20, but that is GMT - 600 and we are in EST which is GMT - 500). I think the pictures are in reverse order, but there is a screenshot from parser.zapier.com and one from our email client.

Why did it take the email parser 25 minutes to action the email?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hauger 

To give us more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined that are triggered from the Parsed Email.

here you go

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hauger 

The Zap Run triggered a few seconds after the email was received in the Email Parser mailbox, so based on that, the Zap triggered once it had data to process.

As for why there is a gap in time from when you received the email to when the Zapier Email Parser received the email, that may depend on the logic configured to send the email to the Zapier Email Parser, which we would need more context about.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hauger 

Take a look at your screenshot again.

Notice, the confirmation IDs are different.

Appears you are troubleshooting using different examples.

It is certainly the same email. It looks like our provider sends out a separate confirmation code to each email that receives it. It sends to a few emails, one of them being the zapier email. That is why the code is different.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hauger 

The issue could be that the lead provider is sending the emails at different times.

Have you tried reaching out to the lead provide to inquire about their sending process.

Also, ask if they support webhooks for real-time data transfer, which should also remove the need to do email parsing.

We have and they said they all go out at once. Me and 2 other people at my company got the email at 10:55, I don’t know why it wouldn’t go to the zapier parser.

Is your info saying that it didn’t get to the inbox for 25 minutes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hauger 

You may want to try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for additional troubleshooting help: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

From what I can see in the example you provided, the email was received at the shown timestamp and the Zap Run triggered a few seconds later.

Also, ask if they support webhooks for real-time data transfer, which should also remove the need to do email parsing.