Zapier editor crashing on trigger testing

• 20 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is anyone else experiencing issues when pulling sample data on triggers in the editor that your entire browser crashes? It’s been happening the last couple of days now. I had experienced something like this in the editor a few months ago  that ended up being a bug, and it finally was fixed after a week or so, but now I’m having just as much trouble in my editor with whatever this bug may be and it’s really halting a big project that was just wrapping up. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for flagging this @Macc

I’ve not seen any other reports of this behaviour in Community recently, but that could just be that you’re the first to come across it and report it!

To help us to better identify the potential cause of the crashing can you share some further details, specifically:

• What browser you’re using, and is it the latest version available?
  • Does the Zap Editor continually load and never finish, or does the page freeze and become unresponsive?
  • Is there an error message displayed when it crashes?  
  • Does it only ever crash when loading new sample test records for a trigger step, or does it crash when performing other actions like adding, removing, editing or testing an action step etc.?
  • Is this happening in all of your Zaps or only in certain ones with specific apps used as the trigger?
  • Do you have multiple browser windows/tabs open with the Zap Editor running at the time that it crashes?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!