Best answer

Zapier doesn't support LinkedIn Showcase pages

Userlevel 1

Although this was acknowledged to us via email, posting here as a tracker since now we have a definitive root cause (Zapier doesn’t support Showcase Pages, and at one point did but something changed).

If it helps, from our opinion:

Showcase pages are around a product (generally).

It’s rare that you would use something like Zapier to update a Company page, because it’s really just a placeholder to track who works there, what they do, etc.

Seems like it’s a hierarchy issue that should be a simple fix.  If Zapier is trying to post as the Company, that makes no sense, because the Company isn’t a user.  Everything is posted as whoever is the admin of the page.  Thus, if it’s hardcoded to look at “one level up” when associating the account, seems like the simple fix is to tell it to stop doing that and instead, prompt the user for which “account” should do the post.

icon

Best answer by jesse 1 July 2022, 21:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ctrstage!

I’m sorry that the Zapier Linkedin integration isn’t doing what you need it to. I took a look at our support inbox and I can’t see an email from you about Showcase pages, so it would be great if you could get in touch using the Get Help form to let the Support Team know that it’s something that you would like to see!

Userlevel 1

Hi @ctrstage!

I’m sorry that the Zapier Linkedin integration isn’t doing what you need it to. I took a look at our support inbox and I can’t see an email from you about Showcase pages, so it would be great if you could get in touch using the Get Help form to let the Support Team know that it’s something that you would like to see!

Well, if you don’t see the ticket it’s because you didn’t search deep enough.

Request #1106965

Rita from the Zapier support team to help you today, thank you for reaching out.

I have been digging into the issue, and I see that a few other users have been running into the same problem. As it turns out, what we're seeing is a known bug.

A bug report is in place, and I've added your contact information to the ticket. Unfortunately, a workaround isn't available at the moment, but we'll get back to you right away when a fix ships for the problem.

Note: BUG.  So no, I’m not “requesting” a feature.  I’m saying that your team has had this “bug” out for over a year, unresolved yet you still allow new people to configure it but don’t seem to even want to put a visual flag for the user so they know it won’t work.  And I’m saying that it should be easy to fix (if you were to actually prioritize it).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ctrstage

Please remember that I and other members here are human beings, so yes, we do make mistakes. I hadn’t connected your original post with your support ticket as they looked to be about different issues. 

I’m sorry that you’ve had a really frustrating experience with this. In terms of when the bug will be fixed, I don’t have a time estimate as there are a lot of variables at play. 

Prioritization is largely dependent on the number of customers affected. We consider also the complexity of the bug, how many users have reported it, and the scope of fixing it. 

It also depends on whether the feature's capabilities lies solely in our control or if we need to work with our partners at other apps to resolve it, so the timeframe can really range.

Userlevel 1

Hi @ctrstage

Please remember that I and other members here are human beings, so yes, we do make mistakes. I hadn’t connected your original post with your support ticket as they looked to be about different issues. 

It wasn’t a mistake for you to improperly flag your incorrect response (which makes it seem like I don’t know what I’m talking about) as the “Best” answer when it’s not.

The BEST answer is my response - where it is acknowledged to be a BUG.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @ctrstage, I just wanted to circle back here. You’re right - this is totally a bug. In fact, it looks like we have a main thread where we’re tracking the issue: 

I can see why this is so frustrating: we’re allowing you to do something that doesn’t work. I will give this issue an extra bump with the team. It does look to be a higher priority than most other issues but as Danvers mentioned, it’s tough to give an ETA. Especially when we’re working to prioritize issues for over 5,000 applications. When we do have an update, though, I promise we’ll be sharing it with the main thread if you’d like to follow along there. 

Sorry again! I am keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll be able to get this one resolved soon. 🤞