Best answer

Zapier doesn't display foreign keys

• 13 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Greetings,

I have an actions that should create a record on the db, problem is that one of the required columns is a foreign key in the db structure, so it seems that Zapier won’t display it at all and thus the field can’t be filled.

Is there anything that can be done?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by SamB 18 January 2023, 15:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zione 

Good question.

Please indicate what apps you are trying to use in the Zap.

Please provide more specific details about the issue you are experiences with examples.

Please provide screenshots to provide clarity.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @zione - Rachael with the Community team here 👋🏻

As Troy mentioned above, to better help you figure out what the issue may be with your Zap, walking through what apps you have connected and screenshots (with any personal info removed) can be helpful for us. I can’t say I’ve run into another user having challenges with a foreign key, but if you show us what you have built so far we can work together to see how we can get you the Zap you’re picturing. 

We look forward to hearing from you! Rachael

Hi @Troy Tessalone and @Rachael S, thank you very much and sorry for the late answer.

In a nutshell, I’m trying to use Odoo ERP Self Hosted as action to bridge some data from different triggers and create a contact in the CRM.

When I attempt to “create a record” event, I’m not getting the “country” input that is required.

This is the view of a table called res.partner

(the list goes on...)

Looking at the contact form:

And here we can see the relationship (many to one):

Sorry if I haven’t explained it properly and let me know if something else is required, but the issue is simply that from Zapier, I’m not getting this “country” field, that gets listed if i choose res.country instead of res.partner, but the latter is what I’m interested in…

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sending over those helpful screenshots and for sharing some extra details here, @zione

Ah, it looks like that the Country field is a type that isn’t supported at present. I did some checking and there isn’t an existing feature request open for this. So you’ll want to contact our Support folks about this. They’ll be able to open up a feature request for this on your behalf. This will also allow us to notify you by email as soon as the Country field becomes available. 

Sorry to not have a more immediate solution here. Hopefully it’ll get implemented quickly! 🤞