Question

Zapier does not recognize as empty after removing value

• 5 October 2023
  • 7 replies

I was working on a zap that included a website address in one of the fields. I later removed the data from field and ran the zap. It returned with an error. Looking back at the step I realized that after removing the data it did not recognize the field as empty even though we have removed the data. I tried readding and deleting, hitting delete a bunch, ctrl-a, etc… and nothing could reset the field back to empty.

I though it might just be the type of field at first. I tried a few other field types and with the captured data or just typing in the fields, all with the same result.

Anyone know how I can clear the field out. I’d rather not rebuild the steps every time I change my mind about a field.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CGCS 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots to have more context about the issue.

I’ve attached a screenshot of what we are seeing. The value was added to the field and removed but it still shows that it contains data and when I send it, it returns an error because the “data” is not formatted correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CGCS 

I’ve seen that same behavior, and yeah, it’s a bit confusing.

It just means the field was previously configured.

If there is not value set (dynamic or static), then no value will be sent.

The problem we are running into is when the zap runs, something is being sent and we are getting an error telling us the information sent is not configured correctly, despite the fact that we have deleted the info from that field.

Is there a way to reset the field? Currently the only solution we've found is to completely rebuild the step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CGCS 

We would need to see screenshots of the Zap Run DATA IN/OUT and the error message.

Didn’t see the option to delete the comment, so I’m editing this response. We may have found another issue causing this. We’re looking into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @CGCS,

Thanks for the update.

Please do keep us in the loop, and let me know if there's any way I can help. 😊