Skip to main content

What’s going on?

I’ve been trying to upgrade my Zapier account for days, and it has been the worst experience I’ve ever had dealing with any company. I reached out to their sales department for help, and surprise: no phone number, just a useless automated chat. After navigating that nonsense, I finally connected with someone from sales—who didn’t have a clue what was going on.

Meanwhile, I have 1,400 Zaps that are just sitting there, not running, while Zapier is holding my business hostage. Every time I try to upgrade my account, the payment gets processed, multiple charges hit my card successfully, but the system still throws errors and blocks the upgrade. I’ve lost count of how much money has been charged, but none of it seems to count toward the actual service.

No callbacks. No follow-ups. No solutions.

I can’t even get in touch with anyone who cares enough to resolve this—and I’m literally trying to give them money! How does a company this dysfunctional even stay in business? It’s a complete failure from the top down. Zapier’s automation service is supposed to help businesses run smoothly, but they’ve become the roadblock in mine.

At this point, the only option left seems to be going public with complaints on social media or filing reports to escalate the issue. It’s crazy that you have to get nasty and loud just to get basic customer service. Honestly, it’s sad—Zapier had the potential to be a game-changer for businesses, but it’s clear that they lack competent support at every level. This is by far the worst company I’ve ever dealt with.

If anyone else has had similar experiences, feel free to share. Misery loves company.

Hi and welcome to the Community, @JParish760🎉

Really sorry for all the hassle in trying to upgrade, I can only imagine how frustrating this must have been. I’ve sent the details you’ve shared here over to the team so that they can work on improving the upgrade process and customer experience going forward.

I’ve just checked on your latest ticket with our Support team and can see a member of the Billing & Accounts team replied to you back on 7th October but there was no response to that, so I’m not sure whether you saw their message. It seems that three of the charges were already reversed and the funds are on their way back to you, and there was a further charge attempt that was declined by your bank. To protect your privacy and security we don’t receive full details of why a charge is declined so they recommended reaching out to your bank for further details as to why the charge didn’t going through successfully. If you have any follow up questions regarding the issues in upgrading your best bet will be to continue the conversation with the Billing & Accounts team over email. If you can’t see their reply in your email inbox, I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case it’s been misplaced. 

In the meantime, I’d suggest reaching out to your bank to confirm what the issue is before attempting to upgrade again with the same card. Alternatively, is there a different payment card you could use to purchase the upgrade? 

Keen to ensure your Zaps are up and running again so I’d really appreciate it if you could report back here to let us know how you get on with the bank and the Support team. And if there’s anything else I can help with in the meantime, just let me know! 🙂