Best answer

Zapier creating to many records Looping

• 28 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a Trigger from a Knack a no code platform and in the Data it sends the row contains Name some other information and then cities . It might have 1 city 3 cities 5 cities its different every time . Each city is always separated by a comma.  So I my next step is to create a row in google sheets which I need to basically create a separate row with all the same data except for each with the different city in the triggered data.  I am using this data for a lookup later in another Zap and doing a lookup in GSheets you cant lookup and find data in a column that as example Tampa if the city row contains for example Tampa, Orlando, Miami. So in my loop City was the loop field name and Address was my area field containing the 3 fields. It seemed to work correctly when testing and dropped 3 separate record into GSheets each with the different city. When I did it live it dropped 9 records so the 3 separate records with he 3 different cities times 3. Below is my loop,

icon

Best answer by Timtech 28 April 2021, 03:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I solved my own problem using JS from a great post. For anybody else here it is