Question

Zapier + Asana: email does not send upon task completion

• 16 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

This is my first time using Zapier and I’m afraid I’m experiencing an error that’s it’s driving me crazy. I’ve been tasked to create an action that triggers an email every time I create a new task or complete a task in Asana. As this is a trial, I set the email to be sent to myself to check if it works.

I was able to successfully create the “new task” zap, but not the completed one. Let me explain: I created the Zap successfully, chose Asana, selected my account and the task I needed. Then I chose Gmail, entered all the data correctly, ran the test and it worked! I did receive the emails BUT when I go to Asana and mark task as completed, there’s nothing. I don’t receive anything. Then what can I do? I’m desperate. Any help or orientation is appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Cielo Gil 

Good question.

In order for us to help, please post detailed screenshots with how each of your Zaps and the steps within each Zap are configured.

NOTE: The Zap trigger for Asana Completed Task is NOT instant, rather it’s scheduled, meaning it can take from 1-15 minutes to fire depending on the Zapier plan.