Question

Zap unable to set youtube thumbnail to wordpress post as featured image

• 31 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Hello, we are having issue with zap we created, we set youtube videos to post on wordpress website as blog post. Everything is working fine but it missing featured image of wordpress post from youtube thumbnail. It shows blank section for featured image. 

This is our website: https://politics365.com/    you can see first section missing featured images due to this issue. 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Politics365 

For us to have true context, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Hi, For sure. I’m attaching screeenshots in a sequence from 1-6

Let me know if anything else needed. Even I can provide you zapier account,  Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Politics365 

The Featured Media field expects a number as indicated by the 123 icon.

You would first need to add a step: WordPress - Upload Media

Then map the variable for the ID of the Media.

Ok, can you provide any link to follow this procedure step by step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Politics365 

Do your best to configure the Zap steps based on the feedback.

If you still need help, then post new screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Will do. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Thank you for the helpful reply. I am facing the same issue. When you say -

You would first need to add a step: WordPress - Upload Media

Then map the variable for the ID of the Media.

Do you mean I have to set up an additional step in zapier to map the youtube thumbnail url to uploading that thumbnail to wordpress? If yes, will that step generate a unique variable ID? If not, from where will I get a variable ID which is unique for each featured image that zapier can pull automatically?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@overcloud9 

Do you mean I have to set up an additional step in zapier to map the youtube thumbnail url to uploading that thumbnail to wordpress?

Yes.

If yes, will that step generate a unique variable ID? If not, from where will I get a variable ID which is unique for each featured image that zapier can pull automatically?

Yes, map the ID between Zap steps for WP.