Question

Zap triggers multiple times in the same second - why?

• 30 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey folks - 

Working with PIpedrive Filters + Zapier here. I have dozens and dozens of similar automations that work without issue but there’s something up with this one and I can’t seem to figure it out. 

Here’s the setup: 

Pipedrive filter says, in effect: “Find deals where A and B and C and D are all true” 

When a deal is found, Zap triggers. Which works fine. Here’s the odd part: 

The same deal being found triggered three 19-step Zap runs inside the same second. Obviously, this is not great news for my task limit but it also suggests there’s something up with the Zap itself. 

Anyone know why a Pipedrive filter would cause this Zap to act like this? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @montague.cd 

Good question.

The screenshot doesn’t show enough context to provide proof that the 3 Zap Runs were all for the same Pipedrive Deal ID.

Userlevel 1

Fair point. Here’s additional context: 

The Run ID for each trigger is different, but they all were triggered by deal ID 29179

Userlevel 1

Apologies, should have tagged @Troy Tessalone here. Appreciate your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@montague.cd 

If this is happening for only 1 Pipedrive Deal ID, then you may chalk it up to a tech glitch.

If this is happening for only 2+ Pipedrive Deal IDs, then you may want to open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

I think I’ve figured this out and will post here for anyone else seeking a similar answer. 

The reason for multiple Zap runs from a single deal ID is a detail that I did not provide as I thought it did not matter at the time - I was using a Loop to add an unknown amount of products from the deal to a new deal.

This struck me when I was thinking “Why does it sometimes run 2x and other times it runs 4x...”.

Well dummy, it’s running the amount of times you’ve run the loop and Zapier is showing you that in the Zap run log. 

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496106701453#maximum-number-of-loops-0-8

Thanks for the help as always!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@montague.cd 

Yes, that would make sense due to Looping!