Question

Zap test works, but doesn't actually run (Cal -> Google Sheets)

• 23 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hey, 

Thanks so much for taking the time to look!  For context, we are wanting to create a Cal → Google Sheets Zap. Cal.com is a scheduling app (think Calendly).  When someone books, they fill out key information in the booking form.  We are using Zapier to send that info into Google Sheets.  In the builder, I set everything up and when I run the test it works, however when a booking is actually made, the zap doesn’t fire. 

I’ve made sure the Zap is on, there’s not already info in the sheet, that the fields are correctly mapped, and even rebuilt it from scratch.  Any thoughts?  Here is the setup, thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jhorne 

Good question.

Check your Zap Runs for activity and possible errors: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately it says there is no activity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jhorne 

You can try reaching out to Cal.com Support as they likely own and maintain their Zap app integration.

Perhaps you need a certain Cal.com plan to use the Zap app.

Thanks, I just looped them in and referenced this thread, much appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there, @jhorne! 👋

Just wanted to pop by here to check how you got on with the Cal.com support team? Were they able to identify why the Zap was failing to trigger and rectify the issue on their end?

If the Zap still isn’t triggering for new bookings it may be best to get in touch with our Support team to investigate the logs for the Zap in case they’re able to track down any further details as to what might be preventing the Zap from running. They’ll also be able to open up a bug report for the apps developers on your behalf if necessary.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂