Skip to main content

Hello,

I created a Zap with a Webhook (URL linked to my Plugnotes tool). Then, I added a Formatter by Zapier and a Loop by Zapier to update an Excel file on OneDrive.

Everything works as expected most of the time, but sometimes, the file only copies some of the rows from my table and then stops.

For example, if I have a table with 6 items in Plugnotes, sometimes it copies all 6 into my Excel, but other times it stops at 5 without any apparent reason.

Do you know what might be causing this issue and how to solve it?

My hypothesis is that the Zap can only process one record at a time, and when a second record is saved, the Zap stops the previous process and starts with the new one. As a result, sometimes the Zap doesn't have time to copy all the items before moving on to the next.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or is this a possible hypothesis?

Thanks in advance,  
Have a great day,  
Soline

Hi @plugnotes 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Hello Troy, 

Thanks for your answer ! 
I foud this in the troubleshout: 

The error message “Waited too long for a chance to write to the spreadsheet” typically indicates that the Excel API is experiencing a delay or is unable to process the request to add a row within the expected timeframe. This can happen if the spreadsheet is being accessed or modified by another process, or if there are too many requests being made to the Excel API at once. To resolve this, you can try adding a delay between iterations of your loop to reduce the load on the API. You can do this by using the “Delay by Zapier” action to pause the Zap for a few seconds between each loop iteration.

Additionally, ensure that the Excel file is not open in any other application or being edited by another user, as this can lock the file and prevent Zapier from writing to it. If the issue persists, consider breaking down the data into smaller batches or optimizing the Zap to reduce the number of API calls. You can also check if there are any specific rate limits or restrictions imposed by the Excel API that might be affecting your Zap’s performance.

So I added a delay in the zap, after the loop but before the add row microsoft excel, it should work ! 

Thanks a lot for your help :) 

That’s great news @plugnotes! We’re glad to hear that adding a delay in the Zap resolved the issue here.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗