Best answer

Zap showing Gmail sent, but Gmail shows an error

• 26 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have set up a zap for gmail to send an email notification when a document is added to a google drive folder. Zapier is showing the email was sent, but the recipient never received it. I logged into the gmail account it's sending from and found the following error message: An error occurred. Your message was not sent. No other information is provided as to what the error actually was. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 26 July 2023, 12:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ddubya,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like one of the “To”, “CC”, “BCC” or “Reply To” fields includes an invalid email address.

It's likely the “Reply To” field. In the “Reply To” field, Gmail requires an email address, not a name. If you type in a name, the Zapier task can still succeed, but the Mail Delivery Subsystem error will subsequently happen inside of Gmail.

Could you please ensure the fields that expect an email address are being provided with a valid email address?

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thanks! I had it as No reply, but it worked as soon as I put the email address in.

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ddubya,

You are most welcome! I’m glad I was able to help.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊