Best answer

Zap runs when testing but nothing connects from my Google Sheet to my Google Calendar

• 10 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I created a zap to automatically create a detailed Google calendar event based on new row is filled out on my Google Sheet. Everything runs smoothly when I test a row, but after publishing the zap and filling out a row on my sheet, a Google Calendar event is not created. Can someone help me with this? This is my first zap. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 10 November 2023, 10:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ekemp2 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context.

Help articles for using each app in Zaps:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone

Sure, thank you. I’ve attached them in order. I have 6 columns worth of information to be filled out. After someone fills the row, I’d like a detailed calendar event to be created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ekemp2,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Can you tell me if there have been any changes made to the spreadsheet? The following changes to a sheet while a Zap is active can cause issues:

- Deleting existing rows or columns
- Adding rows anywhere other than to the bottom of your sheet
- Resorting the sheet 
- Renaming/adding/rearranging new columns

If you need to make any of those changes to your Google Sheet, you will want to turn your Zap off while you make the change, and then turn it back on again after.

More about this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495995099533-Common-Problems-with-Google-Sheets-on-Zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ekemp2 

Can you show a screenshot of the top 5 rows in your GSheet?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone and @ken.a, thank you both so much for your help. It’s working now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @ekemp2! We’re glad to hear we were able to help you out!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗