Best answer

Zap returns success, but leads not added to BoomTown

Hello,

I recently setup a Zap to automatically import relocation leads whose info is sent to my gmail account. I mapped the data to insert a first name, last name, phone #, and email. 

I received two leads yesterday. Checked BoomTown this morning and they were nowhere to be found. 

Then went over to Zapier and my Zap says it was successful. Using the info on the supposed lead that was created, I searched by both first and last name, phone #, email, and keywords in the description. 

The lead has not been added into my BoomTown account although the Zap says it has been. 

Wondering how I can fix this?

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 9 June 2023, 20:36

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Erin Camp 

Good question.

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot.

Please post detailed screenshots to give us more context about these Zap Runs and how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @Erin Camp -

Can you please check your Zap Run History and give us a screenshot or two of the Data In and Data Out portion so we can begin troubleshooting this?

Zap Runs
Gmail Data In
Gmail Data Out
BoomTown Data In
BoomTown Data Out

The trigger event is an email I get from a specific sender with a specific subject line the action is to create a new lead using the info from the email.

When I set up the Zap, I mapped the sender of the email to populate first name, Subject line to populate last name, and the body of the email to import into the description. 

I figured I would manually go in and ‘trim down the fat’ so to speak and leave only the necessary info I needed. Simply because I wasn’t given the option to get picky and only choose the info I needed, for example I had to select the entire subject line instead of the lead’s name or the entire body of the email instead of just the important details. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can share that could possibly assist in the matter!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Erin Camp 

The Zap Run DATA OUT for Step 2 (BoomTown) should include an ID of the Lead that was created.

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured?

@Troy Tessalone 

Here is the configuration of the Zap:

Gmail trigger
BT Configuration 1
BT Configuration 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Erin Camp 

Can you provide more screenshots showing all the data points returned in the DATA OUT of the Zap Run for Step 2 from BoomTown?

@Troy Tessalone 

Here are all the data points:

Personal Identifying information of the lead has been crossed out, assigned user id is my id displayed when I chose to import leads into my account using the zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Erin Camp 

There should be some sort of “Lead” ID returned, but it doesn’t look like there is.

It’s likely the BoomTown Zap app integration was created by and is managed by BoomTown (not Zapier).

If there is a bug, then it would likely be on BoomTown to fix their Zap app integration.

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support to see if they can investigate further to provide guidance.

https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Erin Camp,

We have an internal bug report in our system that we share with the BoomTown developers where some users have reported this issue.

In that conversation, BoomTown told us that this happens because when you create a new lead they don’t automatically create it, but rather add it to their queue to be processed. I.e., the “success” means it was successfully added to the processing queue, not that it was created. This also explains why you’re not getting a Lead ID back...because there isn’t one at that point in time. And the fact that the lead isn’t visible to you might indicate there was a problem processing it.

Now, for information that is more actionable for you, BoomTown says that they have an Imports Dashboard that shows these errors in the CRM to their support staff and you can check with their support staff as a good first step to see what’s happening.

I did go ahead and get your email added to that bug report. This is the quickest way to stay in the loop as we’ll send you an email if it is addressed. We’ll also be sure to keep the threads updated at that time.

Let us know if you have any more questions

Was a solution to this bug ever found? I’m dealing with a similar issue of leads not populating in Boomtown but the Zap is functioning correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Cassidy K., thanks for checking on this! 🙂

The bug report is still open, so I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of folks that are being affected by this issue. I can’t give any sort of timeline as to when this issue might be resolved but we’ll definitely send an email notification to you once it is.

In the meantime, as shalgrim mentioned above, I’d recommend reaching out to BoomTown’s Support team to get further clarity on what might be preventing certain leads from being processed.