Skip to main content
Question

Zap replacing XLSX in Google Drive and creates duplicates where the dashboard isn't updating

• 10 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a zap that replaces a xlsx file in google drive however when i go to google drive i see multiple files with the exact same name. As a result the Dashboard that is connecting to it is not updating the data but sees just the first file it attached to??

Is there something in the definitions of the replace file that will not cause the multiple versions?

Regards

mrrcomp

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @mrrcomp_zap, welcome to the Community! 🎉

Hmm, if it’s not overwriting the file I wonder if there might be an issue with what’s been selected in the File to Replace field on the Replace File action. 🤔

Can you please share a screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of that Replace File (Google Drive) action? I’d like to take a closer look at that to see if there’s anything on the setup that might be causing it to not overwrite the file as expected. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply! 

@SamB  Thanks for your help 
The following is the screen shot of the zap and the “replace action”

As I mentioned it creates a “new version” of the file 

The path works correctly it does send the email after doing the Replace..

Would appreciated any help/insights you can provide

Regards

@mrrcomp_zap 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sending over that screenshot here @mrrcomp_zap. It definitely looks like the correct values for selecting the existing file and the file to replace it with have been selected.  

Can you confirm whether both the Find a File and Replace File actions have the exact same Folder selected?

Asking as I did some checking in my own account and it was only creating a new version of the file, instead of overwriting the existing file, if I selected a different folder in the Replace File action to what was selected in the Find a File action. In which case updating the folder selection in the Replace File action should help to get it working correctly.

Can you take a look at the selected folders in the Zap and let me know whether that’s the cause of the issue here?