Question

Zap only works under test conditions

• 9 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi - I’ve set up a Zap using a the following Zapier Template:

“Create to-do list in Basecamp 3 when new list in ClickUp”

The Zap works during editing when tested but won’t work outside the editing environment (normal working situation). Can anyone help? Thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ispydi,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please try doing a quick Zap cycle by turning your Zap on and off? This will help to refresh the Zap and ensure that it's running properly.

After that, could you please try creating a new list in the selected folder and see if it triggers the Zap?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi - I’ve done as you suggest but no luck I’m afraid

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ispydi 

Good question.

We’d need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order to have enough context.

If you test with your Zap ON, then check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1

Hi - here’s a load of screen shots: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ispydi 

So is the issue that the Zap never runs while ON so there is no Zap Run history?

Also, best practice is to properly title your Zap.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

The first troubleshooting step I can think of is to make sure that the new list you’re adding in clickup is in the Workspace, Space, and Folder that you’ve got your trigger set up for. Is that the case?

Userlevel 1

Hi - yes it is

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi there,

I’m sorry you’re running into this. We have had a few users report this happening over the years. It’s been a while since we’ve seen it, but in the past ClickUp has said it’s a edge case bug they’re looking into.

I’ve sent the information about this Zap to the ClickUp development team to help them try to debug it. They may reach out to you, but you might also like to reach out to their development team and reference this thread.

Best,

Scott