Skip to main content
Question

Zap not triggering for recordings from all users

I understand Zapier just rolled out a new integration with Zoom that allows a trigger for all recordings across an account (versus recordings from just your own account). Unfortunately I can’t get it to work.

The trigger Zap is correctly set for “All new recordings on my account”. I am the Owner of the account (there are 10+ other users; none of them are admins). The trigger works for my meetings that I record, but not when another User “owns” the Zoom meeting and initiates the recording.

Any ideas?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @triggered_zapper,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your Zap and that's not what we want!

I have checked the Zap for you and it looks like it is set up properly. 

As an initial step, I would recommend for now to reboot the Zap by turning it off for about 20 seconds and then turning it back on. This is so the connection between apps will be refreshed. Once that's done, would you please create a test Recording by another account other than you and see if that goes through this time?

Please give this a try and if you run into any problems, please let me know — happy to take another look for you!

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

I tried this and it still did not work. The zap works fine for my recordings, but not for others on my account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know @triggered_zapper. Sorry to hear that didn’t work. 

With the latest version of the Zoom app on Zapier there should be an option that appears on the trigger set up allowing you to select whether the Zap should trigger on all new recordings for the entire account, as you’re the account Owner. Can you confirm whether that setting is enabled in your Zap?

If you’re not seeing that option then you may need to upgrade your Zap to use the latest version of the Zoom app in order to get it appearing. 

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am also experiencing this issue - it’s only showing my recordings. I’ve triple checked my settings in Zoom and on Zapier - it is set to all recordings on account, not just mine and I’ve tried switching the Zap on and off too. Please advise!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @jamestc989,

Before we dive deeper, have you tried publishing the Zap and testing it with a sample recording? You can check the Zap History to see if it triggers correctly for recordings from other users.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

I’m also experiencing this bug. It is setup correctly and history does not show it triggering for other users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Andrew504,

I couldn't find a report about this issue. I suggest getting in touch with our Support Team. They have the tools to investigate the Zap and its logs to figure out the cause of the issue.

You can contact our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi @Andrew504,

I couldn't find a report about this issue. I suggest getting in touch with our Support Team. They have the tools to investigate the Zap and its logs to figure out the cause of the issue.

You can contact our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I have contacted support. Check out support id 1966141

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jamestc989 and @Andrew504 👋

Can you confirm whether you’ve connected your Zaps to an "Owner" or "Admin" Zoom account?

Asking as the option to select whether the Zap should trigger on all new recordings for the entire account (instead of just your own recordings) will only appear when an Owner or Admin type of Zoom account is used in the Zap.

Thanks, I look forward to your replies here! 

Hi @jamestc989 and @Andrew504 👋

Can you confirm whether you’ve connected your Zaps to an "Owner" or "Admin" Zoom account?

Asking as the option to select whether the Zap should trigger on all new recordings for the entire account (instead of just your own recordings) will only appear when an Owner or Admin type of Zoom account is used in the Zap.

Thanks, I look forward to your replies here! 

Yes, it’s an admin account. We’re a small team -- only 5 Zoom users -- and I’m the admin. I can also access other user’s recordings within Zoom Settings -> Account Management → Recording Management.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Andrew504,

it looks our Support Team replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Thank you for your patience and for providing additional information regarding the issue you are experiencing.

I've taken the time to review both the recent recording you shared and the previous one from a month ago. What I've noticed is that the recordings that aren't being retrieved by the Zap are the ones with different hosts.

Based on this observation, it appears that the Zap might only be able to pull the recordings where you are the host. This could be a limitation of the current setup.

I'd like to confirm this hypothesis. Could you please check if there are other recordings where you were the host that also weren't retrieved by the Zap?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated as we continue to investigate this matter.

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.