Zap not triggering for new tagged contacts in Systeme.io

• 8 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey team, 

I’m an freelance expert in Zapier and automation. I have a zap that is supposed add a tag in Systeme.io. It seems that the Zap works, but in Systeme.io it doesn’t save the Tag added on the contact.

I saw a similar thread here:

and I think this bug is still not resolve from the Zapier team. Could you confirm and take care of this please? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Davyslowcoatching,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

You mentioned that:

but in Systeme.io it doesn’t save the Tag added on the contact.

Just a quick clarification about your question, are you using the “Create or Update a Contact, Including Adding Tags” action for this? Because the Community post you mentioned is using the “New Tag Added to Contact” trigger, which has an open bug report..

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hey @ken.a, indeed I used the Create or Update a Contact, Including Adding Tags action so that’s not the same bug. But I guess it could also be linked to an API back-end problem right? 

Did you get any feedback from your eng. team? 

Hey, 
I’m trying to trigger a Zap with “New Tag Added to Contact” in Systeme.io and also use the “Create or Update a Contact, Including Adding Tags” action in another Zap. 

Both give ‘No options available’ in the editor. Are these both still broken? 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Pilvi Cloud! 👋

The bug report for the issue with the New Tag Added to Contact trigger is still open unfortunately. So I’ve added you to the list of affected users on that. I can’t make any promises as to when the developers of the Systeme.io app on Zapier will be able to fix it by, but we’ll definitely email you as soon as it’s been fixed. 

I did some digging on this end but couldn’t find any bug reports open for the Create or Update a Contact, Including Adding Tags action specifically where it’s showing a “No options available”. What field are you getting that message appearing, is it the Tag field?

If so, I wonder if you can use the Custom value option to manually select the tag you want to select. I’m not 100% certain where you’d find ID number for the tag in Systeme.io but often the ID number is output within the page URL when viewing a tag in the app. Alternatively, perhaps you could reach out to Systeme.io directly to get confirmation of the ID for the tag? 

Hope that helps. Please keep us updated on how you get on!