Best answer

Zap not firing when adding Click Up Task to AirTable

Hi there,

I have a zap that should when a task is added to Click Up, a new record in a table should be created in Airtable. 

It works fine in the test but never works in ‘real life’.  I don’t get any error message.

Any ideas as to why?  I’m not sure what part of the Zap I should look at to see what’s wrong since it works fine in the test.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by jesse 25 May 2022, 21:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @SarahZ! Sorry to hear you’re running into some trouble here. I do see you reached out to our support team about this last week, who responded with: 

I took a look at the Zap and the mapping appears to be in place. Zap history does not yield any data In and Out yet. I also did some digging on our back end and did not find anything unusual. 

At the moment, Zaps are only built to look at new and incoming information, and won’t process existing data. You can read a bit more about this here:
https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/why-isnt-my-zap-triggering-on-existing-records

This means that data created before the Zap is turned on won’t be pulled in automatically.

Another way to test this is to create a "New task" in ClickUp while the Zap is ON and see if Airtable can capture the data coming from ClickUp. 

If you create a brand new task in ClickUp while the Zap is on and then wait 15 minutes, does anything appear in your Zap History? If not, it might be best to reply to the support thread you opened so our team can look at some data logs for that Zap, in particular.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SarahZ 

Good question.

The Airtable Zap triggers are NOT instant, and can take from 1-15 minutes to trigger depending on your Zapier plan.

Zaps work while ON for new data going forward.

Check your Zap Runs after some time to see if the Zaps triggered: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Otherwise, check your Zap trigger step connection and configuration.

You can manually run a Zap with a scheduled trigger (as shown below) to see if it would have triggered under normal conditions w/o waiting.

Hey @SarahZ! Sorry to hear you’re running into some trouble here. I do see you reached out to our support team about this last week, who responded with: 

I took a look at the Zap and the mapping appears to be in place. Zap history does not yield any data In and Out yet. I also did some digging on our back end and did not find anything unusual. 

At the moment, Zaps are only built to look at new and incoming information, and won’t process existing data. You can read a bit more about this here:
https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/why-isnt-my-zap-triggering-on-existing-records

This means that data created before the Zap is turned on won’t be pulled in automatically.

Another way to test this is to create a "New task" in ClickUp while the Zap is ON and see if Airtable can capture the data coming from ClickUp. 

If you create a brand new task in ClickUp while the Zap is on and then wait 15 minutes, does anything appear in your Zap History? If not, it might be best to reply to the support thread you opened so our team can look at some data logs for that Zap, in particular.  

Hey @jesse - thanks so much for your super quick reply.  I didn’t see the reply from Support unfortunately, so thanks for putting it here.  I’ve tried with the Zap ON, waited and nothing is appearing in my Zap history :-(

I’m sure I’m missing something simple but no idea what that is!

Hi @SarahZ 

Good question.

The Airtable Zap triggers are NOT instant, and can take from 1-15 minutes to trigger depending on your Zapier plan.

Zaps work while ON for new data going forward.

Check your Zap Runs after some time to see if the Zaps triggered: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Otherwise, check your Zap trigger step connection and configuration.

You can manually run a Zap with a scheduled trigger (as shown below) to see if it would have triggered under normal conditions w/o waiting.

Hi Troy, thanks for the speedy response.  As I mentioned to Jesse above, I’ve tried again but still no joy after doing all the things you guys have mentioned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SarahZ 

Best to post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context.