Question

Zap not auto incrementing Zap table field consistently

• 20 December 2023
  • 3 replies

The trigger for my Zap is a Hubspot CRM deal being moved to the Negotiation stage. 

The result is the Zap logs the action in a spreadsheet, then auto increases a Zapier Table field. The table field is to count the total number of deals that got moved that day. It also sends a message to a slack channel. 

Each morning a different zap posts that total to our slack then resets the field to zero. 

My issue is that the spreadsheet is showing more deals logged than the Zap table field that is counting them. In the spreadsheet I see 13 logged deals. The table field only counted 8. Both actions the logging and incrementing are in the same zap.

I noticed that it be happening when someone moves a few deals very quickly. Like a sales person cleaning up their pipeline at the end of the day.

I tried adding in some delays but so far it hasn’t had an effect.

I noticed when I added a different Zap step that involved a Zapier table(to log deals for comparison to spreadsheet), that when I tested that step it failed. i tested again and it worked.  I’m wonder if Zapier Table calls are prone to connection issues and if the failure to count properly is due to table connection issues.

To troubleshoot the initial issue I added a step to log the deal to a zap table as well. I am going to see if the Zap Table log matches the spreadsheet log. 

I’m open to other solutions if you see a more efficient way to achieve my end result of counting deals that reach that stage and reporting on it daily. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rhythmrascal 

Try using Delay - After Queue

https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-delays-to-zaps#delay-after-queue

Thanks @Troy Tessalone  - where in the workflow should I add Delay After Queue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@rhythmrascal 

You can probably replace all the Delay steps.

As step 2 use the Delay After Queue.