Question

Zap isn't creating future events from Trello cards with due time.

• 19 January 2024
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

I have made a zap to make events from my trello cards containing due time.  and set the zapp to make event 5 days before , right now i have several events in future days , but it made only today event and not future days . i dont know whts the problem

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Zorg 

For us to have full context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 1

Thanks dear @Troy Tessalone for following up.
I hope this is what you want , 

since im new to zappier im not sure if i made the steps right or no . but i assume a select the steps general not specific to one card, and expected to have all future event (in 5 days prior which i selected) in my calendar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zorg 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap trigger step is configured.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zorg 

We would need more context (screenshots) about which were created and which were not that you expected to be created.

Check your Zap Runs for activity and to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1

there is no runing zapps shown to me.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 
this is the screen shot , and there is no runs here

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zorg 

If there is no Zap Run activity, then that may mean there are no Trello Cards that match the Zap trigger step conditions.

We would need to see screenshots of examples from Trello Cards that you expected to trigger the Zap.

Zaps only work while turned ON for new data going forward.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone

idont know maybe i dont understand well , as i understand my trigger is any cards that setted by a due time on trello , am i right ?
so any card that has due time should trigger the zapp ,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zorg

In the screenshot, the provided Task Due Date/Time is January 21 at 10:40 PM. (guessing 2024)

Today is January 20, 2024.

Those dates are 1 day apart.

The Zap trigger conditions for Trello are Tasks Due 5 days BEFORE. (not within 5 days)

That is likely why the Zap did not trigger.

The Zap would need to be ON and checking for Tasks that are 5 days away from today.

Try testing with Trello Tasks that have future due dates 5 days from now.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 
owww i thaught it means , within 5 days not 5 days and more. so let me try the other way around , will let you know. 

I have changed the trigger to 1 day before . will report the result.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 
i have made some new test cards also for the sake of testing , and change the trigger to 1 day before , and then run the zapp manually , but it seems nothing changes , and it didnt add any thing into my calendar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zorg 

To clarify it’s not 5 days or more and it’s not within 5 days.

It only 5 days and may be related to the time as well, so factor that in to your testing.

For example, Trello Cards Due at 12 pm may trigger the Zap at a different time than Trello Cards with a Due at time of 3pm.

The Zap trigger is scheduled meaning it can take from 1-15 minutes to fire depending on your Zap plan when the Zap is ON.

Think of it like this…

Zap runs to check for new data...are there any Trello Cards 5 days out? (If yes, then process the Zap actions.)

Repeat.

If you still need help, then try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for guidance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help