Best answer

Zap is erroneously posting to multiple Slack channels and multiple Asana projects

• 2 December 2022
  • 5 replies

I have a Zap that assigns an Asana task in a specific Project, and also posts a Slack message in a specific channel after a specific user has a Calendly event cancel.

I’m copying this Zap and adding a new Calendly account, changing the Asana Project it posts in, and changing the Slack channel it posts in. Now, whenever the Zap is triggered, it posts in both the new AND old Asana Projects and Slack channels. I’ve scoured the workflow and can’t find any reference to the old Project or Channel, but somehow they’re still getting triggered. I am using a filter in this Zap.

What am I missing here? Should I not be copying and editing Zaps to do this?

icon

Best answer by Accelerationem 3 December 2022, 01:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Accelerationem 

Please share screenshots of your filter set ups

@Accelerationem 

Please share screenshots of your filter set ups

Here you go. This filter is intended to prevent the Zap from continuing if the cancelled meeting was cancelled as part of a rescheduling. It should only assign the Asana task and post in the Slack channel if the meeting was cancelled and not rescheduled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I would change the first continue if statement to the boolean option (for the middle dropdown) and see if that fixes it. 

Have you looked at your Zap Run history? 

I would change the first continue if statement to the boolean option (for the middle dropdown) and see if that fixes it. 

Have you looked at your Zap Run history? 

Thanks, made the boolean edit to the filter, that makes sense.

Unfortunately, it didn’t help with the issue I’m having.

Using Zap Run history I was able to locate where the problem is happening, but I’m now stumped on what to do.

The issue is that the Calendly event cancelled trigger is getting triggered even for events that aren’t from the account that I selected for this trigger. I’m not sure how it would even get access to the event, since it’s coming from a different user’s Calendly account altogether. Both accounts are connected via the API key, but the account that is triggering this Zap isn’t the one that I selected for the Calendly trigger.

Any thoughts?

Posting my fix here:

It appears that the issue was that the account I had put into the Calendly trigger was the account owner for a Calendly account that included the other accounts which were causing triggers. Essentially, instead of only triggering when an event was created or cancelled from an event that was owned by the Calendly owner account, it would trigger for any event owned by any Calendly account within the Calendly owner’s team.

I made a new User-level account within the team and moved the Calendly trigger over to that account, and now the issue is gone.