Skip to main content
Question

Zap is creating duplicate ClickUp tasks from previously processed labeled emails

• 19 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello All, 

I have a Zap that creates a task in ClickUp automatically from certain Labelled emails in Gmail. 

I’ve had this Zap for almost a year now with zero issues but this week the zap randomly started creating tasks in my ClickUp from labeled emails (Which successfully ran already) from a few days ago. 

I used to have this problem when someone replied to the labeled email but I solved that issue at the start when I built this issue with a filter. 

There was no new activity in the email, no one replied to me or forwarded the email or anything but the Zap ran and created a duplicate task essentially of a email from a few days ago. 

Anybody else experiencing tasks essentially replaying automatically even though the original ran successfully? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Logan 

Wonder if it was related to this recent incident: https://status.zapier.com/incidents/hx3rxlrywlr3

Hi @Troy Tessalone

I saw this and initially thought this might be the issue but the runs actioned at 5:55 this morning and they say they resolved that issue yesterday. Do you think its still possibly linked?

Thanx for the answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Logan 

I would continue to monitor to check if the issue was temporary or is now persistent.

@Troy Tessalone Will do! Thanx!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Logan,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. If you need any assistance, feel free to reach out. We're happy to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.