Question

Zap is adding data to all Google Sheets contained in Google Drive - even though specific ones are selected

• 26 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I have several Zaps that are taking data from a FastField form submisson and adding it to a Google Sheet.

Depending on a field from the FastField form submisson the zap puts the data into a specific Google sheet.

Doing a ‘test’ on the Zap, this work perfectly.

When actually running the Zap live the FastForm data gets added to every Google sheet that is on the Google Drive.

Can anyone assist as to why this could be happening?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ablou 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with specific examples as proof.

Hi @Troy Tessalone, thank you for your reply. Sure, below are screenshots on how the Zap works:

TRIGGER:

ONLY CONTINUE IF:

CREATE ROW IN GOOGLE SHEETS PART 1:

CREATE ROW IN GOOGLE SHEETS PART 2:

As I mentioned, when I test the Zap it works perfectly and adds the required data into the Google sheet.

When the Zap is live and I submit a FastField form - it adds the data to every Google sheet contained in my Google Drive.

Thanks,
Ablou

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ablou

We would need to see screenshots with specific examples as proof of the data being added to other GSheets.

The Zap is only configured for these GSheet combo:

Check the Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/