Question

Zap integration between Shopify & Flodesk doesn't work

• 13 September 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge

Hey there!  

I’ve been trying to connect my client’s Shopify account to Flodesk using Zapier, but I’m not able to pull test triggers from shopify.  It says that there are ‘no new orders to pull so I can’t run any tests, therefore it says the event is deprecated.   I’m trying toget the zap to work as follows: once somebody orders a specific order (not just any order), I want to create/update a subscriber into a Flodesk workflow so I can send them targeted emails based off their Shopify order.  How do I get the new orders pulled to run the tests so the Zap will work?  Thank you so much in advance!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cassiemacfarlane 

Good question.

To help us have context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Badge

Hey Troy!

Attached are the screenshots!  I’ll break them down below:

Screenshot #1: What I get when I try to run a test to poll data (says no new orders, but I’ve ran about 6 tests in Shopify today so I know there is plenty!) 

Screenshot #2: When I’m filtering the data in the second step (because I don’t want every Shopify order to go into this workflow, I want only a specific order because I’m putting them into a segmented audience to send more targeted emails that are relevant to the product they purchased).  It’s not pulling any data from Shopify for me to make these specifications

Screenshot #3: The status’ of  each step and their errors!  

Screenshot #4: usually when I set up Zaps, I can always see the email that is associated to the account, but it’s not showing up here and I’m wondering if this is why there might be an issue pulling data from Shopify?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!! I’ve been trying to figure this out for literally the last 5 hours 🥲.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cassiemacfarlane 

You can reconnect your Shopify Zap app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Check the Shopify Zap trigger options to see if there is a similarly named trigger event to use.

There’s this Zapier Product Update from ~1 month ago:

Shopify update: new trigger

Zapier has created a new trigger called New Paid Order. It works by triggering on an order’s payment status. It doesn’t trigger after the order has been canceled, regardless of the order or fulfillment status.

Badge

It’s still not pulling any ‘new orders’ for the testing portion of the Zap.  Is there a workaround with this?  I’ve reconnected Shopify to Zapier in the place mentioned above already but it’s still not changing anything.  @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cassiemacfarlane 

Can you show screenshots with all the available Shopify triggers to select?

Badge
@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cassiemacfarlane 

Can you show a screenshot of the other options available when scrolling down?

Badge
@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cassiemacfarlane

Have you checked the requirements for connecting Shopify to Zapier? (see section below)

The Shopify Zap trigger for New Paid Order looks correct.

You can also try one of these Zap triggers:

• New Order
  • New Order (Any Status)

Connect to Shopify on Zapier

Shopify uses OAuth to authenticate your account on Zapier.

• Grant Zapier permission to access your account if prompted to.

Learn more about authenticating your Shopify account in Zapier.

About Shopify's app

Are self-hosted or cloud-hosted accounts supported? Cloud-hosted accounts only  
Is a paid Shopify plan required? Yes View Shopify's plans.
Are any special account permissions required? Yes You must have app and channel access permissions enabled in your Shopify account. Learn more about Shopify's account permissions.
Are there usage limits? No  
Are there pagination limits? No  
Do trigger samples use real data from your account or generic data? Real trigger samples  
Are custom fields supported? No  
Do update actions overwrite or append to existing data? Overwrite existing data  
Is there any additional info? No  
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cassiemacfarlane 

Also, make sure you aren’t connected to a sandbox Shopify account.