Best answer

Zap History Indicating "This filter successfully stopped your run" in error

• 8 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I recently set up a Zap to update a Marketo record when a particular Drift attribute is received.  The Drift attribute is Bot Flow is “FL-MO-Q323”. (I’ve also tried Equals, Contains, and Exists with the same filtered record result.)

When I test the Zap, the attribute above passes to Marketo correctly and I can see the data update change in Marketo. Looks great. 

When I turn the Zap live, however, I’m getting a message that “This filter successfully stopped your run.” 

The data I’m filtering for is definitely present in Drift, and I’ve confirmed the naming convention matches exactly. 

Has anyone run into this and know how to fix?  Thank you for the review!

icon

Best answer by MBMarTech 21 August 2023, 17:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MBMarTech 

Good question.

In your Zap Runs, check the DATA OUT from step 1 to help you troubleshoot.

The screenshot shows the mapped dynamic variable (left side) was null, which is why the Zap Run was filtered.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the quick response. I see what you mean. The attribute is blank in my “real” Zaps - despite it being populated in Drift. I’m stumped why the test records are making it through with the attribute, all the way to Marketo, but the automated Zaps are not.  

I tried to implement a wait step in case it was taking time to populate that data (it looks to be immediate in Drift but thought it was worth a test). No luck. 

When the Data Out report is missing expected date, is it typically an issue on the platform side (in this case Drift)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MBMarTech 

The issue would be with Drift as that’s the app sending data to the Zap trigger.

There can be differences in sample test data vs live data.

You may want to reach out to Drift Support for more troubleshooting as it’s likely Drift owns/manages their Zap app integration.

Userlevel 1

Appreciate it. Will do!

Userlevel 1

Wanted to close the loop on this in case it helps anyone else.  The issue was on the Drift side and their Pro Serve team was able to help us with a better option.

At the time the person record is created in Drift, the attribute we were looking to pass to Marketo via Zapier wasn’t yet present. It populates less than a second later and by then it was too late for our Zap. That explained why the test records were working but net-new records were failing.

We resolved this twice -

The first method fired when a new person record was created in Drift, had a wait step, followed by a second call to update the data. It was effective, but ended up using 4 Zaps per successful record, which wasn’t desirable. (It also fired whenever any new person was created in Drift, not just the ones who were part of the playbook we were tracking.)

The second method used a webhook Zap that we included in the Drift bot flow. That started the Zap only when the data was present and we can limit it to only firing on certain playbooks - or variations of playbooks.  It cut our Zap usage significantly and the data is in Marketo where we need it. 

Thanks everyone for the direction!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Wow! Great work on that @MBMarTech! 🙌

Thank you so much for circling back here with details of the solutions you found. We really appreciate you taking the time to share this information with the rest of the Community.

Happy Zapping! ⚡