Best answer

Zap has automatically run when MailChimp contacts didn't unsubscribe

• 26 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, I have a zap set up which automatically recognises when a MailChimp subscriber unsubscribes from a mailer and then updates their record in my Maximizer CRM.

Unfortunately, I just archived a number of contacts that hadn’t unsubcribed and the zap has automatically triggered. My questions are:

1. Why did the zap trigger when I archived the contacts? I didn’t realise the archiving was linked to the unsubscribing?
  2. Is there a way to stop the zap from activating when I archive contacts? I’d rather archive the contacts than delete them completely
  3. Is there a way to undo the zap, without having to go into every record manually?! There are 447!

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by ken.a 26 April 2023, 17:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @EllieH,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it appears that the Mailchimp integration has a bug with the “New Unsubscriber” trigger where archiving subscribers triggers the Zap. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thank you @ken.a Do you know how long they have been working on the fix already?

Is there anyway to undo the zaps that went through in error, without having to fix it manually?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @EllieH 

We track the number of users affected by a particular bug to help us prioritize work on the app integrations that Zapier owns. I don’t have a specific date when this bug will be fixed, but I can say that there aren’t many affected users, so it’s not something I would expect to be fixed in the immediate future. I know that’s not a great answer for you. I’m sorry about that.

The Zaps can’t be undone. We’ll surely notify you once the issue has been fixed soon.

@Brem Not ideal, no.

Is there a work around? For example, if I turned the zap off before archiving the items and then turned it back on again afterwards, would it stop it from triggering? Or would the zap look for those archived contacts once it had been switched on again and run anyway?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @EllieH 

If you turn the Zap off before archiving the items and turn it back on, it won’t trigger on those items. Anything you import/export while off, will not be seen (and this is true for any Zap).

If you’re using the “New Unsubscriber” trigger where archiving subscribers triggers the Zap, which is the bug reported, then the bug could happen again.