Best answer

ZAP Filter not working with "OR" operator

• 26 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm building a workflow, that is connected to my whatsapp chatbot. So you can imagine that I should add plenty of filters to make sure my chatbot works properly. 

The problem is, I was trying to use filters with the "OR" operator. So I could avoid adding several filter steps. 

However, even though if I look the history of my zap I see that the filtered message matches the criteria, my zap is still moving on to the next step. Not sure what am I doing wrong, because if I add only one filter to the step it works. 

See what I need to do because of this issue. But the problem is that I reached max number of steps and I still have a bunch of filters to add. 

See the zap history. I can't figure out why is my zap not stoping even when ZAPIER ITSELV tells me that my zap should be filtered and stoped… 

Any clues? This is how I've set up my zap step using the "OR" operator.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 March 2024, 06:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sergio1234 

You would need to change it to be AND (instead of OR) conditions since you are using negative operators (does not contain).

Userlevel 1

Worked like charm! 

Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This is awesome! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction @sergio1234!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗