Question

Zap filter not finding the empty field in inspection PDF.

• 10 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi All,

I’m trying to create zap for: 

When i’m going to complete an inspection in my app, Zapier will get it in PDF format and will send it to me through email. This is all fine and all working, but the thing is, i want if one of the questions (specific question) in my inspection is left unanswered i want Zapier to send the email to another recipient. 

I’ve tried with Filter by Zapier and when i’m trying to select if that field is empty, it’s not coming up as a response but as a label. 

My question is, is there any other way that i can set up this flow without “response” field?

Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Harinder 

Good question.

Make sure to use a Zapier trigger example that has the value populated.

You may need to submit a test example to then pull thru in the Zap trigger to use to configure your Filter.

Hi @Troy Tessalone, thanks for your reply.

However, nothing is working. I’ve tried to create new trigger example but nothing, also tried to change the example with some other real completed inspection which have all fields populated but still it is not showing out the “response” field. :/

I have that option with the response field on other questions but never on this specific one that i need.

I don’t know if there is some other way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Harinder 

Can you post screenshots to help give us more context with the fields and data?

This is my trigger example

As i have the “responses text” field for “Trans serial number” question, I need the same field for “Key mechanical code” question but it’s not coming up.

So when I try to add it in the filter part there is no such a thing, there’s only the “Label”.

This is the whole flow

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Harinder 

This screenshot makes it appear that the selected example doesn not have a response value for the desired field.

Try choosing a different trigger example to use to configure the Zap.

Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves, so you may need to reach out to SafetyCulture Support for help.