Question

Zap fails to find lead using the contact id in Pipedrive.

Userlevel 1
Badge

As per the title.

I have set up a Zap which should identify the Lead from Pipedrive using the ContactID.

This keeps failing, saying failed to find Lead. The ContactID does exist and I can see it when I'm inputting the fields into that step. 

I can work around this by using the Organisation Name to identify the Lead (by the associated Organisation), however this won't be as accurate as using the ContactID (the associated Contact of the Lead)

Does anyone know if this is a bug with Zapier or can think of any workaround or resolution?

Thanks

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CardManc 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error to give us more context, thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Here’s a screenshot of the stage where the Zap fails. It says it fails because ‘nothing can be found for the search’.

The Contact Person ID in Pipedrive (in this test screenshot) is 71169 and it has pulled in this info from step 2 of the Zap.

So I don’t understand why it’s saying it can’t be found - when it has literally found the information in Step 2 and then populated the field correct here in step 4.

Any ideas, or is this perhaps a bug - Zapier Support??

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CardManc 

Try using this Zap action: Webhook - GET

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Troy Tessalone  I’ve used the GET and can identify the Lead using the method you posted above.

However, on the following step I’m still getting an error not found. *(even though I’m now searching for the LeadID and the ID field is definitely showing the correct LeadID??

Thanks for your help with this so far.  Can I tag Zapier support in this if it does look like a bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @CardManc,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I looked at the screenshot, and it seems like the wrong ID is mapped in the “ID” field in your “Find Lead” action step. Could you please try selecting the “ID” option in the “Field to search by” field, and map the ID from the 2nd step again?

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CardManc 

You don’t need step 4.

Step 3 finds the lead and returns all the data.

@CardManc

I encountered the same problem. Your method worked.
Thank you!

Userlevel 1

@CardManc

I encountered the same problem. Your method worked.
Thank you!

@Vozolko @Troy Tessalone  Where I should get this URL from? Do I need to add my API Token to this URL? I tried to copy it, adding my domain, map person id, but I am getting 401 error. What I am doing wrong? Help please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AlinaRudenko 

Pipedrive help article about API Key: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/how-can-i-find-my-personal-api-key

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone Thank you! I know where to find the API key. Shoul I insert it here [API_KEY]?
If I do, it still gives me an 401 error(((((

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone OMG!!! IT WORKS!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!