Question

Zap error when Salesforce Opportunity ID is not found in Monday

• 29 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Currently, I have two Zaps:

1. One that sends Opportunity data from Salesforce to a Monday board
  2. A second that updates fields in Monday when a change happens to the Salesforce Opportunity. 

Right now, the second Zap throws an error if it can not find the matching Salesforce Opportunity ID in Monday. How do I set up this second Zap so that it doesn’t throw an error if it can’t find the corresponding Salesforce Opp ID in Monday. We don’t have all of our SF Opportunities loaded into Monday yet and I don’t want our IT team to get blasted with error messages. 

Here is a screenshot for how this second zap is set up:

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cfalcone01 

Good question.

Add a Filter step: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, that’s what I thought. I’m having trouble figuring out the best place for the filter and how to configure the filter. Any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cfalcone01 

Filter step would go after the desired Salesforce Find Record step where the record is not being found.

Then the Filter condition would check for if the Record ID exits.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The record ID doesn’t exist in the Monday board. so the flow should ideally work like this…

1. a SF Opp changes in Salesforce
  2. the zap looks for the matching ID of the SF Opp in step 1 within the Monday board
  3. If the Zap finds the corresponding SF Opp ID in the monday board, the stage field updates in Monday to match the SF Opp
  4. If the Zap does not find the corresponding SF Opp ID in the monday board, the system doesn’t see this as an error and moves on (aka doesn’t send us an error email) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cfalcone01 

Have you tried changing the Zap to use those steps?

1. Trigger: Salesforce - Updated Field on Record
  2. Action: Monday - Get Item by Column Value
  3. Action: Filter
  4. Action: Monday - Change Multiple Column Values