Question

Zap does not trigger for new Clickup task - but works when manually going through every step

• 28 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, maybe someone can help with this.

I set up a very simple Zap: 

The zap should trigger when a new task is created in ClickUp. Because the task always gets created with 5 subtasks, I filtered them out with “Task parent: does not exist”.

But when the ClickUp task gets created, the zap runs only show the filtered out subtasks:

And now for the part I don’t understand: when I run through the steps manually within the zap, it works with the “main task”, and it doesn’t get filtered out:

So my question is: why does it work manually in the zap, but doesn’t trigger automatically?

Is there a better way than using the “Task parent” to filter out the subtasks?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Anubis 

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Make sure you are testing with a Task in the same Workspace specified in the Zap trigger.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I tried with multiple test runs now and the issue is in the Data In/out section it only shows data from the subtasks. The parent task doesn’t even show up in there - only when going through the steps manually.

The test tasks are in the same workspace and in the correct folder/list so this shouldn’t be an issue as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Anubis 

Post screenshots of the DATA OUT so we have full context.