Best answer

Zap data in fields showing contact fields id instead of data (Active Campaign to Salesforce )

• 16 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi community!

I am having some trouble with the data in my Zaps.

I am using Zapier to pull contact data from Active Campaign into Salesforce.

I am collecting data in Active campaign forms, and then using Active Campaign automations to add extra contact information (such as tags, custom fields etc.)

Then I have a zap adding contacts to salesforce based on lists.

IF, the information is coming directly from the form, the data in is perfect. i.e. 

However if the data has been added manually in Active Campaign, say via an automation, the data in shows up like this - and the data out has no value:

{{144056378__contact__fields__101}}

Anybody have any ideas?

Thank you so much!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 November 2022, 15:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @curiousfox 

Good question.

You could try adding a Zap action: AC - Find Contact

Otherwise, perhaps at the time the Zap runs the data is not yet populated in ActiveCampaign.

We’d need better context about how the Zap trigger step and how that works with what is configured in AC.

Thanks so much, Troy.

I did hear back from my support request that it is a known bug at this time. I’ll have a look at what you have suggested to see if I can come up with a workaround.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Troy, you are a genius.

I re-read your last line, and the zap was executing when the contact was added to the list - which was happening at the form stage, before my automation had time to run!

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for letting us know @Troy Tessalone’s recommendation worked for ya, @curiousfox!

Glad to hear you were able to get this up and running. 🤗