Skip to main content

Hi,

This Xero trigger has not been working for me recently. I’ve updated the app, reconnected etc. Still does not work. Is anyone else having this problem?

For context, I have another Zap that creates a draft invoice in Xero when an order comes through, which works fine. Once the job has been completed, I manually change the invoice date to today, approve it in Xero, which changes it’s status to ‘awaiting payment’, however, the Zap does not trigger.

Thanks

Hi @gloheating 

Things to check…

• Make sure you are using the updated version of the Xero Zap app
  • Make sure you are using the updated version of the Xero Zap app trigger event
  • Check the Xero Status page for recent/ongoing incidents that may be impacting the Zap trigger: https://status.xero.com/history
  • Try reaching out to Xero Support for help
  • Try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi @gloheating,

You mentioned that you are updating the invoice manually. Have you tried using the “Updated Sales Invoice” instead?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

@ken.a yes I have tried that, but I only want i to trigger when status is ‘awaiting payment’ and Change is ‘Invoice Sent’ (custom, exactly matches text in Xero History and Notes section). However, it doesn’t work. Any ideas? Thanks.

@gloheating @ken.a @Troy Tessalone 

I’ve been struggling for the last couple of days with something similar. Which used to work perfectly btw, but I think I figured out where the issue might be:

I’d set the trigger to look out for approved invoices, as below:

Then I’d create an invoice, mark it as Approved, but no trigger. I went to check the actions, and it seems like it makes the final action “Mark as Unsent”, instead of Approved.

So, I tested the trigger again, except I used “Invoice Unsent”.

And it then triggered perfectly!

We need the trigger to be on approved though, as “Unsent” won’t be consistent, especially if adding approved invoices through the API.

@BH0127 thanks for this insight. I have had some success by setting status to ‘awaiting payment’ and Change to ‘invoice unsent’. This triggers when clicking ‘Approve and send’ in Xero. However it only seems to work if you pause for a minute before pressing ‘send’ in the email preview screen in Xero.

The Change pop up tab in Zapiers configure tab suggests a Custom value can be used as long as it exactly matches the History and Notes in Xero, however, even though ‘Invoice Sent’ exactly matches, it does not trigger.

Hopefully someone at Zapier can tell us exactly what configuration do we need to set this Zap up as so that it reliably triggers for every sent invoice?

Thank you.

@gloheating no problem, glad I could help.

I still have an issue as I need my flow to trigger on “Invoice Approved” and I’ve tested every way they’ve described, so hopefully they get back to be on my ticket.

Will post any updates here as I receive them.

@Troy Tessalone @ken.a 

Got to say, I’m pretty disappointed this has still not been sorted. I’ve wasted hours and hours trying to figure out a workaround for a trigger that worked perfectly before it got updated. I haven’t heard a thing from Support since they confirmed a bug exists. That was 12 days now and still the problem persists. 

All I want to do is trigger when an invoice is sent. How difficult should it be? Come on please.

Thanks.

@Troy Tessalone @ken.a 

Got to say, I’m pretty disappointed this has still not been sorted. I’ve wasted hours and hours trying to figure out a workaround for a trigger that worked perfectly before it got updated. I haven’t heard a thing from Support since they confirmed a bug exists. That was 12 days now and still the problem persists. 

All I want to do is trigger when an invoice is sent. How difficult should it be? Come on please.

Thanks.

Agreed, the last response I had from support was:

Here’s what’s happening next:

1. Issue Logging: I have logged your report in our internal issue tracking system and added your email to the notification list for this issue.
  2. Timing: Our development team prioritizes these types of reports based on overall impact. We try to unblock issues as soon as we can; however, at the moment, I can’t provide an exact timeline as to when this will be resolved.

Hopefully this is resolved soon. My invoices aren’t being sent until the Trigger works again.

@BH0127 I found a workaround until its fixed. Use Xero Updated invoice as trigger > config status ‘approved’ and leave Change blank (null). You’ll find that clicking Approve and Send in Xero will activate this trigger 3 times(!). Here’s how I got around the unnecessary multiple triggers…

Set up Step 2 to Look Up Row by invoice number in a Google sheet, and create a new row if it doesn’t exist. The sheet only needs to be 1 column, named ‘invoice numbers’ (for example).

Next step, Filter - only continue if the Step 2 was false.

The Zap still triggers multiple times, but at least it saves tasks and doesn’t go on to carry out the same actions as the previous zap and potentially mess something up further down the workflow.

It took me hours to figure this workaround out, I’m sure Zapier Support could have come up with it much more quickly.