Question

Xero Find or Create contact error: "No property or field 'xxxx' exists in type 'Contact'

• 19 October 2023
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m trying to create a Zap that takes a Gravity Form (in this case a wholesale order form), and looks on Xero (my accounting software) for that contact. If it finds the contact it needs to create an invoice for the contact; if it doesn’t find the contact then it needs to create the contact and then create an invoice.

But I’m getting stuck on the Find or Create contact stage. When I test it, it says ‘No property or field 'xxxx' exists in type 'Contact' (where xxxx is the name of the contact). But I can’t work out what to do to solve this…

Can anyone help?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

31 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes - because I’ve just filled in a form where I order some of every type of stock I have in (i.e. every item has a quantity next to it), and that worked. It’s when I only order certain quantities that it doesn’t work.

So do you mean I need to add a kind of ‘if no quantity assume zero’ logic? Any pointers on how to do that?

John

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is this the answer? https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496278339725-Set-default-values-for-blank-fields-in-Zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@johnmorsebrown 

We would need to see updated screenshots with the outline of your Zap steps to have proper context.

Userlevel 1
Badge

No problem @Troy Tessalone - here they are - in numbered order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@johnmorsebrown 

You’d likely have to add a custom Code step before to detect and handle any line items with a missing Qty.

A Qty of 0 would likely cause an error too.

Userlevel 1
Badge

OK thanks @Troy Tessalone - I’ll try that in the morning!

John