Best answer

Xero error: A validation exception occurred, Contact requires a valid ContactID or ContactName

Userlevel 1

Hi I am trying to create a quotation from Monday.com to Xero, however, I keep receiving this error message:

icon

Best answer by ken.a 6 July 2023, 13:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hiya @ALM 👋🏼 Can you share screenshots of your Action & Trigger set up so we can dig deeper? 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ALM,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, but unfortunately we need the screenshot of the “Action” section of your action steps. Here’s an example screenshot of what we’re looking for:

cc8371345aa86bf358758ade610e74b6.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thank you! 😊

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ALM,

Thanks for the screenshot!

Looking at the setup, it looks like the issue here is the mapped data in the “Contact” field.

52bc4dfc37fe5a7f9e191f4e2d94d331.png
(view larger)

The “Contact” field looks for the Contact ID since you already have the “Find Contact” step. I suggest mapping the Contact ID from the “Find Contact” step to the “Contact” field in “Create New Quote Draft” action.

Please give that a try, and let us know how it goes! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi Mark, thank you so much for the quick response. I am new in Zapier, I am clueless on how do I map the Contact ID? Can you please guide me on this? Really appreciate it.

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ALM,

For you to map the Contact ID, you need to finish setting up the “Find Contact” step first. If you like to learn more about mapping data to your action step. You can read it here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496343026701-Send-data-between-steps-by-mapping-fields

That said, here’s how it’s typically set up:

1. In the “Organization” field, you need to select the correct Organization. Like so:
    3cbe201b64f82af2a12677570941af19.png
    (view larger)

2. In the “Search By” field, you need to choose if you want to find the contact by “Name” or “Account Number”. In your case, I suggest selecting the “Name” option.
    b85b4907bf6d23640b02dbf6700d74e4.png
    (view larger)

3. After selecting the “Name” option, a new field will show up. Then, you can now map the data from your trigger step to the “Name” field.
  4. After that, test the “Find Action” step.
  5. In the “Create New Quote Draft” action. You will need to map the Contact ID from the “Find Action” step to the “Contact” field as a custom value. Like so:
    d6dbde55b53d669bec04928eae051cde.png
    (view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken, It think that part is working now. However, I am receiving a new error.😩

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken, It’s all working now. Thank you so much for your help. You’re a star! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad to hear it’s all working now, @ALM! Really pleased Ken was able to help to get this solved! 😁🎉

Sounds like you’re all sorted for now but please reach out in Community again if you ever need help with anything else. We’re always happy to assist! 🙂