Question

Wrong zap trigger when plan is canceled in memberstack

• 3 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I have created a different zaps for memberstack like when plan  is added, plan is updated and canceled the plan. When a user update the plan, Member’s  plan updated event trigger, fine but when a user cancel their plan the same zap trigger and send email that your plan is updated. I have created these zaps:

• When plan is added
    • App (Memberstack)
    • Event (Member’s plan added)
  • Member’s plan updated in memberstack
    • App (Memberstack)
    • Event (Member’s plan updated)
  • Member’s plan canceled in memberstack
    • App (Memberstack)
    • Event (Member’s plan canceled)

When plan updated or canceled, second zap trigger. Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks !

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Khizar, welcome to the Community!

Can I check I’ve understood the problem that you’re having? You have three Zaps, which trigger from Memberstack:

1. Member's Plan Added
  2. Member Updated
  3. Member's Plan Canceled

And the issue is that when a member cancels their plan, this is also triggering the Member’s Plan updated Zap and sends them an email about that. Have I got that right?

The simplest way to solve this would be to add a filter step into the Member Updated Zap. ​When a filter is added to a Zap, it looks at the information coming into the filter and only allows the actions to continue if the information meets specific criteria. In this case, you could set it up so that if the plan is cancelled, the Zap should stop if the plan has been cancelled. 

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!