Best answer

Workable error: Got 404 calling GET https://xxxxxxx.workable.com:443/spi/v3/candidates/xxxxxx@gmail.com, expected 2xx.

• 5 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Creating a standard Workable Zap.

I’m trying to add a tag to a workable candidate.

I’m successfully able to find the candidate and am putting a simple tag.

I get the following error.

Failed to create a tagged candidate in Workable

Got 404 calling GET https://xxxxxxx.workable.com:443/spi/v3/candidates/xxxxxx@gmail.com, expected 2xx.

Any idea whats going on? Seems like the API is broken.

FYI - I’ve masked domain/email address with xxxxxx.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by syntaxerror 12 May 2023, 15:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @syntaxerror, thanks for joining the Community! 

Hmm, my first thoughts here are that it’s either the candidate it’s not finding or the tag itself.

In the Candidate field, has the ID field that’s supplied by a Find Candidate action been selected? And for the tag, has it been selected from the list of available tags in the Tags field?

If so, can you please share a screenshot of what’s been selected in the Zap on the Add Tag to Candidate action? I’d like to double-check whether there’s anything else in the set up there that might be causing the error. Please remove or hide any private information from it first (names, emails etc.).  

Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂

I figured the answer out. I was setting the ID as the email address of the candidate. The ID that was expected is the Object ID of the candidate.

Also the tag should be a single word in inverted commas e.g  “SomeTag”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @syntaxerror,

I just wanted to drop by and say how awesome it is that you were able to get everything sorted out - way to go! And thank you so much for sharing the solution you found with the rest of the Community - I’m sure it’ll be super helpful for anyone who runs into a similar problem in the future.

Thanks again for your contributions, and have a great day!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗