Question

Wordpress to Facebook: Wordpress title with an apostrophe becomes a string of "’"

• 29 August 2023
  • 1 reply

I saw previous posts about apostrophes in WordPress posts turning into  when a Zap creates a post on a Facebook page. Similarly, I am having hyphens turn into ‘ on the Facebook post.

This Zapier community post indicates a bug fix was on the way. Has that been resolved? The starter edition of Zapier won’t let me use the Text Formatter without upgrading to the premium plan.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @edwardatx,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

After investigating, it appears that this issue arises from WordPress when a "dash" is included in the article title, causing WordPress to return specific HTML code. You can find more details in this WordPress community thread: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/8211-is-in-title-instead-of-a-dash/

Similarly, &#8216 behaves the same way, but corresponds to a different punctuation mark.

On another note, our Starter plan supports the use of Formatter by Zapier, as highlighted on our Plans & Pricing page:

db4e3b73543ca0fa52d8e046a9aa4d7b.png
(view larger)

Unfortunately, the only solution I can suggest from our side is to utilize the "Convert HTML to Markdown" function in Formatter by Zapier to remove the code.

Hopefully, this helps!