Best answer

Wordpress plugin network activate - authentication issue for other sites on the domain

• 12 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

We have zapier installed and activated on our main website xyz.com

We a bunch of other websites running as website1.xyz.com and website2.xyz.com

I can login and authenticate the wordpress connection for xyz.com , but not for website1.xyz.com

Any help/tips/solutions?

Does it have anything to do with wordfence and setting application passwords?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 15 February 2024, 06:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @coffeetime7,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send a screenshot of the error you’re running into when connecting website1.xyz.com?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hey mate, thanks!

Here:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @coffeetime7,

Thanks for the screenshot!

It seems like the issue here is happening when we try to get a token from WordPress. In other words, we aren't getting a proper authorization here.

Specifically, it seems like the page that's being returned is a full HTML page rather than the token we need - hence the error.

Can you confirm the following info for me: 

1. You're on a Business plan on Wordpress.com
  2. You've installed this Zapier WordPress Plugin. 
  3. You created an admin user account for Zapier and are using the account to connect WordPress to Zapier.

More info on how to do this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496101767309-How-to-Get-Started-with-WordPress-on-Zapier#2-creating-a-user-account-for-zapier-optional--0-3

If that all looks good, sometimes we can see certain security or recaptcha plugins and firewalls prevent Zapier from connecting. 

A few examples are: Jetpack, Wordfence Security, iThemes Security, WP Rocket, JWT Auth, WP-SpamShield, WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click, Limit Login Attempts Reloaded, SiteGuard WP Plugin, IP Geo Block, WPS Hide Login, reCaptcha by BestWebSoft, Profile Builder, Cloudflare have been known to cause issues. If you have any of these installed, can you try disabling them one by one and see if you can connect to Zapier? 

Userlevel 1

Hi

Its wordpress.org self hosted group of sites. The plugin is installed for the network and activated.  

As mentioned, I can login and authenticate the wordpress/zapier connection for xyz.com , but not for website1.xyz.com 

I set up a new admin account for this website1.xyz.com page and was able to login through the backend successfully (confirming that it works).

However when I then try to establish the zapier connection, I get this:

So the same login credentials work for xyz.com but not for website.xyz.com

To me this suggests that the plugin cannot handle subsites?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @coffeetime7,

Upon checking, the WordPress integration in Zapier currently doesn't support multisite accounts. I dug deeper and found that other users requested the same feature and a feature request has been submitted. This is being handled by the dev team that created the integration and will take a closer look to support this request.

Your email has already been added to the interested users' list. I don't have an ETA of when this will be implemented, but we'll be sure that they will contact you when it is.

I can't provide a workaround at the moment since we need to wait for this feature's availability in Zapier aside from using a non-WordPress Multisite account.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Thankyou kindly for your reply. At least we know WHY its not working. :) That would certainly be a good feature to have.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @coffeetime7! I’m glad I was able to help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗