Skip to main content
Question

Wordpress Legacy is not working anymore.

We have been using WordPress Legacy for several years without any issues until now. Suddenly, we lost connection with our site. When I try to reconnect my account or add a new account under WordPress Legacy (now shown under the deprecated tab), it says that WordPress Legacy is deprecated and cannot be used anymore.

I've read several discussions on this support forum, most of which are from years ago, but there is still no solution. In the new WordPress Zap, I can select the custom post type, but it does not display any fields. When I select the default post type, it displays all fields like title and content.

Additionally, I have a recipe-making plugin that allows me to select the recipe post type and displays custom fields, but my custom post type, registered within my theme, does not display any fields.

Can you tell me if there are any specific settings I might be missing in my custom post type? This is a critical issue for us.

Please let me know soon.  
Thanks.

10 replies

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue ... I used custom fields with the legacy app. Since legacy got turned off, I tried to rebuild my automation with the new app, but it does not pull any custom fields. 

Userlevel 1

I have exactly the same issue. The only posts I can use are the website’s blog posts. I cant see the custom post type I need anymore. It was working fine a week ago with the legacy app. Hoping someone comes back with solution (that doesn’t require difficult coding!) as it affects the majority of my zaps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi friends,

Troubleshooting WordPress without the right tools can be quite challenging. Since I have limited tools here, I suggest contacting our Support Team so they can closely examine the Zap and its logs.

You can get in touch with our Support Team at https://zapier.com/app/get-help.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Hi friends,

Troubleshooting WordPress without the right tools can be quite challenging. Since I have limited tools here, I suggest contacting our Support Team so they can closely examine the Zap and its logs.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did contact the Support Team about this yesterday. 
Your colleague said that there was a feature request open for what I was trying to do (i.e. get custom posts on the Wordpress app). However, it was unclear how long this feature request has been open, and how long it may take. 

I suggested that the Legacy Wordpress app could be reinstated until the feature is available through the new Wordpress app, as a temporary solution. He said he would submit this request. Could you please follow up on this request for us? 

Userlevel 1

Hi friends,

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did contact the Support Team about this yesterday. 
Your colleague said that there was a feature request open for what I was trying to do (i.e. get custom posts on the Wordpress app). However, it was unclear how long this feature request has been open, and how long it may take. 

I suggested that the Legacy Wordpress app could be reinstated until the feature is available through the new Wordpress app, as a temporary solution. He said he would submit this request. Could you please follow up on this request for us? 

I have read some other threads in the community, and it seems like this “feature” has been in the pipeline for several years. I can't believe that the legacy app got turned off without the new one offering the same functionalities.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi friends,

I’m sorry for the delayed response here.

I recommend reaching out to our Support Team to create a feature request to bring back the WordPress Legacy version.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

In the meantime, you might want to try using Webhooks by Zapier as a workaround to connect WordPress to Zapier.

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

Thanks for your suggestion. I’ve started looking into this, but assumes a level of technical knowledge that I don’t have unfortunately.  
Could you please provide the steps to connect Wordpress to Zapier, using Webhooks, to get the custom posts?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @EmilyHer,

I apologize if I haven’t mentioned this on my previous response, but unfortunately, using Webhooks by Zapier is an advanced option so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be so different and each request can be so unique. This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected.

Here are some resources that may be helpful:

We also have a list of approved Zapier experts that you can hire to assist: https://zapier.com/experts/

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1

Hey all,

I have found a solution for my issue with the custom fields. Maybe it also can help you. We are using the AFC Plugin for the custom fields but maybe it also works for other ones. 

I had someone look into it and this was his explanation of the solution:

“I did i bit of research how Zapier fetches data from WP. It uses wp public api routes to fetch data so i have checked the custom post type rest route and i noticed that acf fields are missing from there. I came to conclusion that acf fields that are added to the custom post type should be publicity available on the API.

In CMS when you go to acf fields settings, for each group you can turn on show in rest api.

That should be done for both custom post type and custom fields group that is bounded to that custom post type.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @HannesM!

Thank you so much for following up here to share details of how you got things working by enabling the “Show in rest api” option for those fields! 🤗

This information will no doubt be super helpful to other folks using the Advanced Custom Fields plugin for WordPress that need to access their ACF fields in Zapier. Thanks again! 🧡