Best answer

WordPress error: We hit an error adding your new account

• 9 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am using WordPress. (I am not using wordpress.com.)

After installing the Zapier for WordPress plugin,
Even if I try all the URLs in the description, I get the same error and can't connect.

We use fastcomet hosting and cloudflare.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 10 November 2023, 08:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @bizmark,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I’m sorry to hear about the troubles with authenticating WordPress with Zapier.

WordPress can be tricky to troubleshoot as each instance can be customized in so many ways. Could you please check our common issues document on this here: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-wordpress#403-forbidden-error

In addition to that document, I see internally in our notes that one user reached out to WordPress and found out that their ProfilePress plugin was automatically updated, and this caused the Zap to no longer be able to connect. Downgrading back to the previous version (4.3.1) fixed the connection.

Another ended up reaching out to their site hosting provider, Cloudways, who resolved as follows:

In Cloudflare, “Firewall > Bots > Configure Super Bot Fight Mode > Definitely automated” was set to Challenge, preventing the Zapier connection from succeeding. Changing this to “Allow” allowed the Zapier connection to succeed most of the time, but not all of the time.

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1

@ken.a 

thank you for the reply.

Personally, I disabled "Bot fight Mode" and Rss is recognized normally. I think I need to set up security for bot fight mode in another way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @bizmark! I’m glad I was able to point you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊