Question

Wordpress Error "Authentication Credentials not found on the Request Headers"

• 28 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all

I’m trying to upload photos to WP from Zapier, but I get the following error; does anyone know any solutions?

thanks

The media could not be sent to WordPress.

The app returned "Authentication credentials not found on the Request Headers".

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Hey @DynamicBusiness, welcome to the Community! :)

Hmm, it appears to be a file upload step that’s erroring here. So I’m wondering whether the error about authentication credentials is referring to the authentication for the app account we’re attempting to download the file from. Rather than the authentication credentials used for the WordPress account itself.  

Is the file that’s been selected in the WordPress password protected or does it require a login to download it by any chance? If so, that could well be what’s causing the error here. 

The File field on the Upload Media WordPress step would need to either contain the file object or a publicly accessible link to the file itself. More details on that here: Send files in Zaps

Hope that helps!

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your kind welcome and response.

Actually I tried changing the previous step to different sources and different GDrive folders among which there was a public folder, but could not get it uploaded to WP in any situations.

I will give it another try, upload the image somewhere public and try it again, but I doubt if is this going to resolve our problem.

I again appreciate your kind answer.

Regards,

Mazi | DynamicBusiness

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @DynamicBusiness, welcome to the Community! :)

Hmm, it appears to be a file upload step that’s erroring here. So I’m wondering whether the error about authentication credentials is referring to the authentication for the app account we’re attempting to download the file from. Rather than the authentication credentials used for the WordPress account itself.  

Is the file that’s been selected in the WordPress password protected or does it require a login to download it by any chance? If so, that could well be what’s causing the error here. 

The File field on the Upload Media WordPress step would need to either contain the file object or a publicly accessible link to the file itself. More details on that here: Send files in Zaps

Hope that helps!