Best answer

WooCommerce REST API error updating product stock from Google Sheets

HI there,

We are getting a critical error warning when trying to update a product stock from google sheets via Zapier. When we check the trouble shooting docs it points to a REST API issue. We tested the rest api in Postman and everything works great. I can see the new API Keys being created each time the zap tries to run being created on the WooCommerce dashboard.

Any suggestions on where to look to fix??

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 7 July 2022, 23:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Janouras! Thanks for reaching out! 😊

I double checked and can see you were able to chat with my friends in support, which is perfect. I wanted to pop their response below in case it’s helpful:

It looks like the cause lies with your server performance and WooCommerce. I've tested the connection with your WooCommerce account, and it was successful.

Taking a look at the WooCommerce Zapier integration site, they list this error code under their REST API Issues category, and they go on to link to this guide on "Getting started with REST APIs" which contains some useful information on how to set up your store, including working through some common errors.

I'd highly recommend looking through those guides linked above, and if you're still not able to get this connection working, I'd reach out directly to the WooCommerce team for assistance.

You can reach them here: https://woocommerce.com/contact-us/

They did include the log in the email, which may be helpful to share with WooCommerce!

I hope this helps - please continue to keep us posted on your progress with this! 

Userlevel 1

Ensure Zapier settings are accurate for the Google Sheets to WooCommerce automation. Confirm authentication methods, data mapping, and applied filters. Examine Zapier's error logs for detailed information on the critical error. Analyze error messages to pinpoint the root cause. Verify WooCommerce settings, including API keys and permissions. Confirm Zapier-generated API keys have appropriate permissions for REST API product data modification. Conduct Zap test runs using sample data to reproduce the critical error consistently. Identify if the issue is linked to specific data inputs or configurations. Reach out to Zapier's support team or consult community forums for assistance. Seek tailored guidance on troubleshooting steps specific to Zapier's features and integrations. Refer to WooCommerce documentation and community forums for additional insights. Explore documented issues or recommended practices for integrating external services via the REST API. Consider integrating with the best stock API market for accurate and timely stock updates. By systematically addressing these manual troubleshooting steps, you can diagnose and resolve the critical error encountered during the Google Sheets to WooCommerce product stock update process.