Question

WooCommerce error: The app returned "Jane Smith" can't be converted to an identifier.

• 31 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I have set up a zap to create a receipt in Reckon One Accounting.  When an order is paid for, the order data is transferred to Reckon to create a payment receipt.  I am currently doing this with ZohoBooks with exactly the same data sets, without any problems.  The issue is that the [billing first name] and [billing last name] (from Woocommerce data sets, is not recognised.  I get an error saying The app returned “”Jane Smith” cannot be converted to an identifier.”.

I can not find any information on how to get round this.  I contacted Reckon support who told me to contact Woocommerce support to put a ticket into them.  But, if it was a Woocommerce issue, then I would not be getting that data in Zoho books.  So, that did not help me.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ginar123 

For us to have full context, we would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap step is configured.

Here are screenshots from the Zap

The last image is the result after testing the app.  The Billing first name and last name are not recognised.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ginar123 

Looks like the error is related to this field: Customer

You may have to first create the Customer/Contact in the Zap.

So, I would need to add another step in prior to Creating the Receipt in Reckon? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ginar123 

It’s worth a try.